Tuesday, October 4, 2011

To Bloom Again


Yesterday I discovered to my delight that in the Greek language, a word that many English translations of the Bible translate as “revived” means “to grow again” or “to bloom again.” It literally applies to plants but the word “revival” has, throughout the last two or three centuries, been used to describe “a renewed passion for Christ”* that sweeps through churches, communities, even countries.

A revival began in me two and a half weeks ago as the Lord “restored the joy of my salvation.” I am definitely “blooming again!” These revivals often begin with one or two people and are spread through testimony or people telling other people what God has done; so I’m telling everyone I can! There is a feature at the bottom of each post that allows you to share the posts on facebook or twitter so that you can pass it on too.

Today it’s a bit warmer. I’m glad I didn’t have to cover the plants last night. The Victoria Blue Salvia actually seem to have liked the cold, the flowers are a deeper purple. The Angel Face Angelonia has perked up a bit but still has limp leaves. I’m not quite sure yet where to put it, though I’ll likely have to rearrange the plants in the front window to make room.

*Firefall; Malcolm McDow & Alvin L. Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment