Monday, June 11, 2012

I Did It Again

I’ve long enjoyed the look of black-eyed susans or Rudbeckia mixed with orange, pink and purple flowers so I always add them to my garden. They typically show up in the garden center a little later than most flowers since they’re summer bloomers. In my excitement to bring one home this year, I forgot to note the variety (just as I did with the fuchsia). Hmmm…rudbeckia “Becky”, I’ve had it before; it’s a compact variety—that’s good, I need compact. Oops, when the flowers fully opened I realized that it wasn’t the yellow orange one I favor but one with half rust-colored petals. Oh well. Some newly opening flowers look like they could be solid-colored but then so did the just-opening one that led me astray at the garden center. Can I really know all about the many varieties of each flower before I shop? Maybe if I had a smart phone that could look them up for me on the spot; but I don’t have one and really don’t need one. The gray birds were quite vocal this morning. I didn’t even have to go online for a twitter session. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment