Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Appropriate Colors



I met a chameleon this morning as I trimmed frost-damaged yellow green sweet potato vine leaves. Though clinging to the green vine that I was “disturbing” and very near the off-white railing, he or she was a dark taupe color. Perhaps its squinting eyes were an indication that I had awakened it and it hadn’t had a chance to put on its proper colors. I assured it that I would be finished soon and wouldn’t disturb it further.

When I went back just now to see if I could find it to make a portrait, the chameleon had indeed turned green!

It’s another sunny though wet and breezy morning, the kind to bask in and the chameleon, despite the parade of noisy trucks passing through, seems to relish it. But I have many things to accomplish though the sunlight and breeze definitely make my tasks more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment