Thursday, May 3, 2012

At Last!

As I arranged my garden yesterday I thought that my beautiful pink daylily given to me by my fellow artist S. in the ‘90’s might benefit from a move to the sunnier end of the balcony. It hasn’t bloomed in five or so years; every year I think, “I’ll fertilize it, make sure it gets enough water but if it doesn’t bloom this year it has to go.” It never did but I couldn’t get rid of it. I was all around it the last two days and saw no changes but today this flower stalk that holds at least two blossoms “suddenly materialized!” I’m getting a late start in posting today because I simply chose to sit in the garden and read scripture. If not for the strong 90 degree afternoon sun or the indoor things I must do, I could stay out there all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment