Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lazarus Update


Lazarus airplane plant is doing remarkably well. It’s once grey-green and shriveled leaves are now a robust green. Though initially larger than its brothers (or should I say sisters since airplane plants have “babies”) it’s not quite as healthy yet. Lazarus’ fully green leaves still droop while the other plants hold their leaves firmly up. I’ll know the plant’s fully recovered when it begins producing new leaves; then it will be moving beyond survival mode.


Was it a stick I saw or a dead leaf? I looked more closely and discovered that a caterpillar had chopped off a third of my chives clump! I found the severed strands on the wooden balcony floor—I guess I’ll be having chives for lunch. At times like these, I’m very glad for “vegetable soap”! If possible, I don’t harm “var-mints” (as the Old West movies used to say), so I sent the thing to reside in a bush below.

I heard birdsong this morning that rang like a crystal goblet.

No comments:

Post a Comment