Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mystery Singer


This morning the air was so cool, the four o’clocks were still open. What a bonus! Last night however, when I opened the garden door to see them I was surprised to find the answer to a mystery!

Our attention (my husband and my) was diverted to a small, round green frog sitting on a green garden chair—I need to be careful when I sit! I had heard a frog “singing” on the balcony for some time but my diligent searches hadn’t found it. Night or day, we’d hear a high- pitched croak--not from a large bullfrog (thankfully!) but from something smaller. Yet it seemed bigger than the other two tiny frog residents of past seasons since the sound could be heard even indoors! This frog’s length is about the diameter of a half dollar.

My husband ran for the camera but by the time I got it set up, our frog friend had jumped away. I followed it but it jumped again to cower under a plant saucer. It’s nice to meet you; I really won’t hurt you…

No comments:

Post a Comment