Monday, December 12, 2011

In The Pink



The pink Christmas cactus has an opening bud! These are always a treat.

A red hibiscus flower bloomed yesterday and is still lovely today—a bonus of cold temperatures and a lack of sun. Though I am physiologically affected by a lack of sunlight (as everyone is, whether they admit it or not), the Lord has been changing my outlook regarding “gloomy” weather. As my family has a number of birthdays in a row, with one blessedly advanced, I’ve begun to realize that since God has given us each day, I need to make the most of it and be thankful, whether sunny or “gloomy.”

But it did feel really cold when I went out just now! When it warms up a bit (the sun is expected to visit later), I’m thinking that it will be a good time to cut the yellow green sweet potato vines way back, though I’m not expecting them to regrow since they’re annuals. It’s the end of the season for the now brown-spotted leaves but my indoor cuttings are still in good shape. Who knows, maybe I can keep them going all winter and not have to buy new plants in the late spring?

Meanwhile, it's a good day to play Christmas music and decorate. I’ve once again been impressed with how worshipful, meaningful and uplifting the words to the old Christmas carols are!

No comments:

Post a Comment