Friday, December 9, 2011

Watch the Glow


This morning’s sunrise was so lovely that we had to pause our rushing long enough to savor the pink and gold glow. Later as I sat in front of the morning windows the sun slowly brightened then faded and brightened again, as though on a dimmer switch. As I sat writing, the occasional bursts of warmth felt good, besides I was getting my vitamin D. The sun wasn’t present for long or often so I didn’t expect my hands to get sunburned! Aloe vera, another good plant, soothed.

Checking through the plants, I discovered that though some were wet others were dry, though I watered them yesterday. Plants, especially those in containers, can vary in their watering needs according to the size of the container, what the container is made of (porous or non-porous), or its location in relation to a window or a heating vent. One side of a pot can be wet while the other side is dry; the entire pot has to be evenly watered or half the plant(s) can die so it’s best to check each one individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment