Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas!



Oskar’s number one bud is in full bloom! Oskar has taken its place out of the sunlight (to preserve the blooms) as our Christmas centerpiece.

Since Christmas comes on the weekend and I only post on weekdays, I’ll wish you a Merry “Christmas Eve Eve” today. Though you may not have money for a lot of gifts or be able to be with family, Jesus’ birth is worth thoroughly celebrating and makes your life better whatever situation you’re in.

After I finished my lunch carrot the other day I spontaneously planted the top in a pot among the basil plant remains. My Brownie Scout manual had had pictures and instructions for growing greenery with kitchen scraps; why not? I had nothing to lose. Though what was originally planted is dying, new growth has already sprouted. It won’t make a new carrot but it just may make some lush green growth in these barren months—out of something ordinarily cast off. I see it as a sign of hope.

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

Then he (Jesus) rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing." Luke 4:18-20 NIV

This is why he came; he came for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment