Friday, December 30, 2011

The New Is Coming


Just as the year 2011 is finishing up, Oskar’s first bud has completed its cycle. And as the new year of 2012 is quickly approaching, the number two bud is beginning to unfold. I’m thinking that I don’t want to put Oskar back in the strong morning sun so the bud develops more slowly—so it will last longer.

At this time of the year I always like to assess the previous year, looking for a common thread and to remind myself, “Oh yeah, that’s what led up to that.” It’s also a great time to look ahead to the New Year to make plans all the while knowing that I have no idea what will happen next. However, I’d rather continue to “press on” to do the things I know I’m supposed to do, rather than float around at the mercy of circumstances.

I’ve spent nearly half of 2011 sharing my garden with you through this blog. I’ve enjoyed it; I hope you have too. I’d enjoy hearing from you either in the comment box or e-mail at leafyjournal@yahoo.com

Happy New Year!

So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. 2 Corinthians 5:16-19

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. James 4:13,14

No comments:

Post a Comment